Re: TV Go Device Registration

There's an app for windows 10?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 22 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Yea Dion in the store. Virgin recommend using that instead of your browser on Win 10.
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 23 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@Dionwrote:

There's an app for windows 10?

Only the one TV Go app however unlike Android and iOS devices that get both TV Go and TV Control. That said, I'd definitely still recommend watching in the app rather than a browser. The TV Control app offers the ability to watch most content thats been recorded on a V6 box either by streaming or watching from download or in some cases either. It's a really useful feature that I'd like to use with my Windows 10 tablet on the bus ride to work (where there isn't very good cellular reception on-route through parts of the Scottish Highlands).

I really don't understand VMs reasoning for only partially supporting the Windows 10 and Amazon Platforms - unless they're planning to fully support both but are still working on it...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 24 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone reset my devices cos VM haven't a clue what I'm talking about....been trying since January to get TV Go to work on my laptop, didn't know about the changing browsers issue, now got Windows 10 app. I really want to watch my telly and don't have access to a TV just my laptop.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 25 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@kclyde1964wrote:

I really want to watch my telly and don't have access to a TV just my laptop.

Can I just confirm kclyde1964, you do subscribe to Virgin Media's TV service? You need to have one of their boxes (and therefore something to connect it to, whether it's a telly or a monitor) before you can get TV Go.

It's really an ancillary service designed to help people moving around with portable devices such as tablets and phones but it isn't available on its own.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 26 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have the Full House TV (XL) Package, and the V6 Box and Super Hub 2 with Vivid 200 Fibre.

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 27 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming this. If you don't have access to a telly eg its away being repaired or unplugged from the V6 box for some reason, you could try plugging a computer monitor into the V6 box. If its simply that you're away from home and that why you don't have access to a TV then although the VM staff members sometimes chip in here and reset hardware device slots, it'll likely be quicker for you to call and request this from their tech support dept (go to the broadband dept as they deal with TV Go issues).

if you explain the situation to them as you've described here, if they still don't understand ask precisely what and ask for the call to be passed to someone who will understand. If its still no go, tell us what they've said here.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 28 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem,it keeps telling me i have reached my registration limit when i only have one device ,absolutely crazy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 29 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi briantsimms46, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

Have you been able to check what devices are registered?

If not you can check this here, virgintvgo.virginmedia.com, once you've logged in you need to go to settings >device management. and your devices will be listed.

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 30 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Can you do the same for me? Not sure which devices I have picked. I did have it on the IPAD but it kept failing so I think I used my android box or laptop. I didn't write the name of the device I used. Now i'm confused!
0 Kudos