Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 11 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go Device Registration

I've had the same problems, being a new user to this service, I didn't realise I would run into the problem of a browser & the app on the same pc being recognised as different devices, i've messaged Josh in the hope he can also do the same for me and reset my registered devices

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 12 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I can more or less guarantee that this issue will occur when I want to watch the Champions League football towards the end of the month...

... on call now trying to get it fixed. Less than 20 minutes to kick off...

0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 13 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@arrgee1991

... on call now trying to get it fixed. Less than 20 minutes to kick off...

14 minutes...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 14 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Call forwarded to virgin mobile...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 15 of 32
Flag for a moderator

,,, back with someone who can assist and 5 minutes to kick off...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 16 of 32
Flag for a moderator

... well they can't help after all.  WHAT A JOKE!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 17 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problem. In January I did a clean install on my laptop after getting a new PC. Logged in here and set up TV Anywhere with the register device. I now had my Samsung Tab A6 and the laptop registered. Come to use TV Anywhere again while away in early February and got a message stating that the device (Laptop) was not registered. So, I clicked on the message and it duly registered the laptop.

I come to use it again last Saturday and low and behold I get: 

CAN'T REGISTER THIS DEVICE

You have reached the maximum number of devices you can stream with. You can use one of the already registered devices or register a new device again on 01-03-2018

I went on to Twitter and the guys there said phone 151, which I did today but couldn't stay on hold for 12 minutes.

I use the laptop for watching Sky Sports Saturday and now I can't. Please advise

Dion

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 18 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Having a similar issue.
A Windows update forced a reregistration of my laptop - even though it was the same browser and machine.
A second update then deactivated that registered device as well. Now need to wait until 1-3-18 to reregister the same machine and same browser!.
OK I thought, will use my already registered phone with the official app - nope, an Android update has now rendered this unusable as well.

Any chance of resetting my registered devices so I can actually use the service?
Maybe time for Virgin to look at a better way to secure the service to a device rather than an identifier that changes on such a regular basis...... Just saying...

Cheers

S,

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 19 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dion,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV Go.

I've send you private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and reset your devices.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 20 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Josh, please can you reset my devices as well, been trying since January to get TV Go to work on my laptop, didn't know about the changing browsers issue, now got Windows 10 app. I really want to watch my telly and don't have access to a TV just my laptop.
0 Kudos