Menu
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 121 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go Device Registration Limit - Google Chrome browser

Hi @B-heathuk7,

Thanks for confirming. Do you fully switch off the laptop after use and restart it again? This may help with any small bugs. 

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
B_heathuk7
Joining in
Message 122 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Hi Molly

I do switch off when I finish and close down all programmes and browsers.

I will be talking to IT support tomorrow in case it is some security programme they have included. 

BBC and All 4 work with no issues though.

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 123 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Hey @B_heathuk7,

Thanks for confirming - it is strange this one as the account works well across other devices.

I appreciate the other streaming services work, but thanks in advance for double checking tomorrow for any VPNs etc which may be in place and affecting things for you on the laptop.

Keep us posted on this 🙂 

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
HertsMAA910
Tuning in
Message 124 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Hi Forum team,
Belated reply to Molly's question on make and model of laptop, it's a Toshiba Satellite 17 inch, L70-C-13E.

TV Go still doesn't work on this device, but it did work perfectly well until a while back, so clearly the device and browser combination were compatible with TV Go then. So what's changed? If you're advised nothing has changed with the TV Go app/software, and nothing has changed with my device, logic says something-else has. Are your IT team aware of any Windows updates that perhaps may have caused these problems? 

Is the device duplication issue also relatively new? Seems there are many users on this thread who have that issue as well as the non playing of TV Go.

It's frustrating that a multi-million pound tech org with significant IT resources can't solve this? It means subscribers aren't getting the services offered in their contracts. Can the issue be escalated? It seems you as the Forum team are being hung out to dry, fighting a losing battle trying to suggest solutions that don't work to frustrated users when it seems that you need the support of your management and tech team to solve it! 

Regards

Michael

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 125 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning HertsMAA910, thanks for coming back to us

Have you been able to try alternative browsers? Have you been able to clear the cache on any browsers you've used?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
B_heathuk7
Joining in
Message 126 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Hi All

I contacted out IT team and they had changed settings to counter a cyber-attack that the university had faced. I was given advanced rights to change settings and did so. All seems well. The main issue was a difference in regional time zone which I was able to correct.

Many thanks for your patience and help

0 Kudos
siobhanminney
Joining in
Message 127 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've been watching sky sports via Google Chrome and now today all of a sudden im getting the 'maximum devices registered/changes this month' message.

How can i fix it or can it be re-set? It's driving me crazy - cant watch the grand prix or the football!

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 128 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Hi @siobhanminney,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry for the trouble. 

I will be more than happy to help reset the devices for you. 

Will pop you a PM now so we can clear security first 🙂

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 129 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for completing security via PM 🙂

I can confirm the devices have now been reset. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

0 Kudos
siobhanminney
Joining in
Message 130 of 137
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Sorry it still says no more changes this month and still can't get on to watch sky sports!

Thanks

0 Kudos