cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV GO device rename and unregister operation

6redcliffe
Tuning in

I'm on the Settings->Device Management screen.

I can see I have two registered devices, but I can't see any way to change the names of these devices or to unregister them.

When I registered my iMac for watching, it didn't offer me the change to customise the device name. It appears in the list as 'My Computer -Google Chrome'

I suspect if I register my MacBook, it will also appear as 'My Computer -Google Chrome' which would be very confusing - how would I tell which one is which?

I must be missing something - any offers??

71 REPLIES 71

I'm experiencing the same issues - is this getting sorted?

It's a farce.

fadsarmy
On our wavelength

This thread has been going on since 2019 and the Virgin guy said he wasn't aware of this?

There is another issue in that you cannot delete a device, just replace it with another device, whereas with the sky device management, you can delete a device.

noodlespot
Joining in

is there still no solution till today 02/10/2020..?

No solution offered yet. Incompetence from Virgin

I just wish Virgin would put on a fix for this. I recently had to use 3 device changes to change to one I wanted!! 

trevbrp
On our wavelength

Yes, this is a problem.

Somehow this week, I find that i supposedly have 5 devices registered, but attempting to watch on my Desktop, my android phone OR my laptop, i was getting the 'all devices registered' message, so replace one of the existing.  However All my so called devices were name 'My Computer - Mozilla Firefox' and one named My Computer - Google Chrome.  I haven't a clue how these are all registered, but not one of them are seemingly not now dmy Desktop, my Laptop or my phone, which have all been registered previously.   

So, I decide to 're-register' my Desktop and replace the 1st one in the list.   SO when I go back into the settings, my Desktop is now registered, but bloody confusingly, it's not the first one in the list, it's been assigned to the 4th one in the list,(screen grab attached) so what on earth is that all about ?  But as  others have already stated, there is no option to rename the device to something more meaningful, whereas on the sky device management, i can rename a device!!

virgin go device management.PNG

It's appears a diabolical oversight by the Virgin development team to have a renaming functionality for the competitors device management, but not their own, unless there is a way but it is well hidden.

Hi trevbrp

Thanks for posting. I'll PM you now to reset these devices

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

fadsarmy
On our wavelength

That's not good enough. You need to make changes to the app for the rest of us.

Don’t just pm it - post it on here so we can all see it!!

jhactually
Up to speed

The only way they can 'fix' this problem is to reset your devices.

The quickest (slow) way to do this is to call them - only alternative is for the forum team members to do it for you here.