Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TV Control app not working on Fire tablet

I recently started having an issue with the TV control app on my Amazon Fire tablet.

When I try to watch my shows on the app it comes back with "Your streaming device has encountered a problem. Error code=41 V=4"

The app works fine on my other devices and I have no issues with the TV Go app.

I have tried to reboot my router. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app and no change.

I am bedbound at the moment with no access to my TV so really rely on the TV control app on my tablet.

I would really appreciate the help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app not working on Fire tablet

Hi Marleneoby2,

Unfortunately you won't get much help with this matter.

The software on the fire tablets is very outdated, it hasn't been updated since January 2019.

This is a link to a post already started last week, but there has been no replies since I last posted on Friday.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Issue-with-TV-Control-E-41-V-4/td-p/4407856

I have emailed the developers from the amazon app store since March and have heard nothing from them either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. I'll have a look.

It's just strange that it worked until 3 days ago and then it just stopped working for no apparent reason. So annoying

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tell me about it, mine stopped working last Monday, so instead of watching on a 10" screen, been watching on a 5" mobile screen!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I side loaded the apk to fix this, can now watch perfectly in the fire HD tablet 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I tried that too but I get a parsing weird error. Tried to fix it but no luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting the parsing error as well.

Jaztim, are you able to send us the link to the apk that you managed to download?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you tell me how you did that please thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wise owl
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you are able to sideload the app and get a parsing error then either the apk is corrupted or not compatable with your devices.

Have you tried downloading the apk from another site, or sideloading an app such as aptoide and see if you can get a working version of the TV Control app from there?

Also if you are happy with sideloading apps why not  perform a google search and sideload  the googleplay store onto the Fire tablet, there are plenty of walkthroughs and videos available. Doing that should give you the full access to all the apps currently available.  Keep the Amazon store as a back up for their regular freebies.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos