Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Streaming from box to kindle fire

Hi all I need your help.and assistance please. I  have a kindle fire (5th gen) and a TiVo box a few days ago I was able to stream from the box to the fire. (It's been a lockdown savior,)  Then yesterday it came up with error code:E=41 V=4 and says problem with streaming device

Your streaming device has encountered a problem. Running streaming set up.may fix the problem.

So I start set up and runs for about 40seconds then comes up.with set up did not complete successfully.  Please try again.

Keeps coming up with same message

So I have uninstalled and reinstalled , also turned off and on box and broadband box. But no joy...just wondered if anyone had any ideas please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming from box to kindle fire

My dad has reported exactly the same with his and he's very frustrated with it is there any sign of an update due which will fix this as it runs on his iPhone fine

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi mattc86 

I've sent a message to amazon regarding issue and still.waiting a reply. But agree very frustrating. Downloaded to phone ( samsung s8) and worked 1st time... will keep you posted if hear anything.  

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Timbootle,

This started happening to me last week.

The amazon app hasn't been updated since January 2019 and seemingly the software won't work with the outdated app.

I have been emailing the developer since March just simply because of the look of the app as it's not been updated since android has been updated with te new look.  But now I have emailed them about the app not working on my fire tablet.

Not holding my breath for a response as had nothing since March!

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi prso9

Thankyou for responce. Yep I've had no joy from amazon also regarding issue... been checking updates also and no joy. Hopefully will get responce soon. But I've ordered a new tablet samsung a 10 tablet which apperently is upto date and work.  But with the fire also found some of the other apps that I downloaded are not working properly Now....but fingers crossed they  will sort it out. 

Tim 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I spent 2 hours on the phone to Amazon doing all troubleshooting and nothing worked. Virgin don't seem bothered either. Wouldn't mind but it worked on my kindle 2 weeks ago.

Hope it's sorted soon

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi all I've had a reply from someone on reddit... his fire had stopped streaming from virgin also. We know it is not a virgin issue as it turns out to be an amazon update issue. He had contacted amazon and has a reply.

It basically says... sorry for inconvenience caused we are aware of issue and are working to update the problem, unfortunately we dont have a time frame to resolve the streaming issue at present time. But the developers are working on it..in the mean time we have a wide selection of programs to view on amazon tv. Till issue is resolved we will keep you updated.

Amazon

Its Not much help, I know. I have bought a Samsung a10 tablet on offer from amazon. And app worked straight away. So definitely issue amazon end. 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this, let's hope they sort it out soon. 

0 Kudos