cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sport unexpected error on login

Dtwaters42
On our wavelength

If I try to watch live sky sports through TVGo I get an There was an unexpected error. No error codes, the VM tech support have been no help and I still have the issue. I’ve  had this problem ever since I joined. There are a number of questions on the forum but no resolution. I’m stuck in hospital so please don’t suggest I’ve got to be on the same network or I need to do something with the box. 
many thanks 

22 REPLIES 22

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dtwaters42 

Hope you aren't in hospital for too long.

You need to download and use the Sky Sports app.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to-use-sky-sports-app 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for replying, and your concern.

I’ve already downloaded the app and followed the instructions. I get the page to enter my vm details, then the captcha images and it just returns the unexpected error. I’m using an iPad, but it looks like sky just doesn’t accept vm. I’ve input incorrect details to ensure that I get a different message so I know my details are correct. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled both gotv and sky sports and still the same issue.

The response from VM is to wait and see if it fixes itself? Mmmmm

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dtwaters42, 

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope things are well for you 🙂 

Just from going off your last post - it sounds like you're not selecting the VM option on the log in page. At the very bottom of the log in page on the Sky Sports App - there is an option that says 'Sign in with' and there is a Virgin Media UK option there - if you press that, you would be able to log in with your VM details. Can you let me know please? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Dtwaters42
On our wavelength

yes I am. I did notice that neither my box or my devices are registered for sky. Does that mean VM have failed to setup my account properly.  Could my VM app issue be related? I also get an unexpected error and a http response of 400 at the bottom of the screen.

I can login to vm via a browser but get the same unexpected error if trying to connect to Sky Sports. 

My introduction to vm has not been good but I must say the community is amazing.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dtwaters42

Thank you for getting back to us and confirming. 

I just wanted to clarify, when you say you noticed your equipment is not registered for Sky, do they not receive the channels? If that is the case, is that the HD channels or all of them please? 

Thanks 

Nat

As I stated in my original post. I can’t login via TVGO or direct via sky sport (login using vm). I just get Unexpected Error. That means I don’t see any sky sport channel through TVGo that requires the sky sport app.

I mentioned the device registration because I came across the manage devices page(s) and nothing is registered. I was trying to help VM resolve their issue, it has to be a VM issue because others have or had the same issue. I have been an IT professional for over 30 years and I can’t believe how bad everything is at VM, wifi box that struggles with connecting to any device more than 20 feet away, poor support, apps that they should be embarrassed about deploying, I’m basically paying for a service that  VM are failing to deliver. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dtwaters42

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, are you able to access the app via any other device?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Nope. Ipad, android, PC all have same issue.

Hi Dtwaters42,

Have you tried deleting the app then reinstalling it, are you trying to watch on more than one device at a time?

Regards

Paul.