cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports app - login details not working

Fordybee
On our wavelength

When I try to login to the Sky Sports app, which has previously worked for years, it now tells me that the account is not currently active and to contact Virgin. Is this a known problem?

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are using the "login using VM-UK" link aren't you?

Can you post a screenshot of this error?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Fordybee
On our wavelength

B51C81C4-F6BB-4473-9527-6EE58D6F0A10.png

Fordybee
On our wavelength
Essentially, it says “Oops, there is a problem with your login. This account is not active. Please contact Virgin Media to reactivate”

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Fordybee,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I can see there is currently an open work order to disconnect your services which would explain why you are unable to access the app using your details. 

Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Fordybee
On our wavelength
Thanks Ayisha, we have now spoken to someone who is trying to sort this - we are moving house (and will be using Virgin in our new property) so can't see why a future disconnection date for our current property would mean we are not able to access services now and up to disconnection, when we are paying for them.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry for any confusion Fordybee - on more than one occasion I've seen this issue occur after a house-move but I wasn't aware of it happening before that's completed.

Are you able to sign into your MyVM account using the same details (virg.in/myVM)?

Tom 

Rubbish, this is an ongoing issue with several members. They've been looking at it for 12 days for myself.

Hi @FootyFanatic thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I'm sorry to hear you're having ongoing issues accessing Sky Sports via the app.  Your issue or the cause of the issue may not be one and the same as @Fordybee.  I would like to take a closer look.  I am going to drop you a quick private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Fordybee
On our wavelength

Hi Tom, yes I can log into my VM account, and thankfully my husband reports that now he can get into the Sky Sports app, so we’re sorted - thanks for the help!