cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports App - Video Unavailable

andrew_mac
Joining in

Tried logging into watch football on Sky Sports on my iPad tonight and keep getting message “video available - a problem was encountered please try again later.”

I can login from my phone no problem but issue is just on my iPad. The iPad is an older device (Air 1) which shouldn’t be an issue and have tried all the other fixed of logging out, rebooting and reinstalling the app.

Anyone have any similar issues and aware of a fix?

17 REPLIES 17

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @andrew_mac

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our community forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing this issues with your Sky Spots App. Are you still facing this issue since your last post?

If so was this working fine on the iPad until Monday? 

Thank you

Still having the issue. Last time I used the app was on Thursday (23rd) when it worked fine but wasn’t working on Monday evening or since. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @andrew_mac,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm sorry to hear that this issue is ongoing! 

Can you tell us if you're having this issue on any other device at all?

Have you made sure that your iPad's software is currently up to date?

Please let us now and we'll be able to investigate further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes, it’s only on the iPad. No issues on iPhone.

I’ve checked for an update and it’s fully up to date. It’s an iPad Air (2013) so only goes to iOS 12 but I’ve downloaded most up to date Sky Sports that is compatible with operating system. I’ve also checked location settings to check they are on and removed the VPN which appears to have resolved this issue for other users. 

Have reset the settings on the iPad which seems to have solved the problem. App now working again. 

Hi @andrew_mac,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm very glad to hear that you've been able to resolve this.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

eagleboy1234
On our wavelength

Yes but on my iPhone for the last three weeks!  Nobody seems to be able to offer a solution☹️

Hello eagleboy1234

Sorry to hear you too are experiencing issues watching content via the Sky Sports App on your iPhone. We can see you have raised this in a separate thread which one of my colleagues has already picked up and from your last post looks to be resolved.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Andrew (Mac),

I know this was a while ago but I’m having the same issue. You say you’ve reset the settings on the iPad. What are these settings & what did you need to reset?