cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording is not possible error

dianoga
Tuning in

Ever since i upgraded to Virgin 360 i have been unable to remote record from the Virgin Go app. At first i would get the ' oops something went wrong ' message, but 2 days ago the app was updated. Since then, i do not even get the option to try to record, instead there is a message saying ' recording is not possible due to channel rights restrictions ' 

Any ideas? Thank you

25 REPLIES 25

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dianoga wrote:

Hi

I have got two boxes but only one is being used- it has had a software update to Virgin 360.

It was only since i updated the app that i do not even get the record option.

Prior to that i had the option but it failed to record every time, i had tried it on Fast Start and Active Start.

I hope this helps, sorry if it seems long winded.

It's possible the TV Go app  is trying to record on the box  you aren't using. Have you ever set the second box up, or even named the boxes?

The second box that you aren't using may or may not even show up in the TV Go app, because if a box hasn't been used for approx 30 days it will de-activated.

The TV Go app therefore may be trying to find the de-activated box and so can't record to it.

I named my 2 boxes Bedroom and Lounge by going onto the Settings > System > Rename boxes on my 360 box.

Try giving your 360 a name in that section, and then open the TV Go app and click on Settings > Recordings.

On the page that opens there is a section Default box for recording. This can be changed to either box.

If you've followed my instructions on naming a box, then your current working box should be listed by name there, and you should be able to record from that going forward.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, yes other functions work ok- from what i can see the app is not offering the recording option because of the channel copyright restriction message. On top of that, last night E4, ITV2HD and Sky Witness decided to stop working- rebooted twice and still havent come back.

Hi, i will give that a go but i can only imagine there is an issue with the app- surely i should be able to see a record button to press and then get a ' recording failed ' message or something- however i get no option to record and a copyright restriction message. I also lost E4, ITV2HD and Sky Witness last night.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dianoga

Thank you for keeping us updated, I'm sorry to hear that you are still unable to record from the App and that you lost a few channels recently.

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the TV Go app? Have you fully deleted the TV Control App as well?

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi all,

I seem to of resolved the issue, although why it would of done what it done seems a bit bizarre.

After trying all the suggestions, i decided to get out my second V6 box, which has been unplugged and unused for a while now as i no longer need mutliroom.

The box was still working as a standard V6 box, so i deleted and reset the box and it subsequently upgraded it to Virgin 360.

With both boxes powered on, the app now shows the record button rather than it being missing, and i now no longer have the copyright restriction message.

Everything works fine, i have now unplugged the spare box and all is working fine still.

Thank you all for your support.

Midge1064
On our wavelength
Same for me.......really annoying!!

Hi- did you see my last message that resolved the issue?

Midge1064
On our wavelength

Was it to do with your other box? My second box is connected but not to a tv at the moment. I can get programmes on my phone from 2nd box so think that’s updated to 360 ok.  Can do everything on main box except get the option to record 

Midge1064
On our wavelength

Also - when I go into settings, there is no ‘recordings’ to click on

I found that I had to have both boxes setup and connected to the virgin hub- then made sure all updates were done, then the record option appeared on the app- after that I just disconnected the second box again- what app are you using?