cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV Go - Upgrade Required

Mamabear83
Joining in

I am getting this same thing on my iPad I have basic tv package and cannot watch any programs on the box set section which have been on sky max, I have had this problem since sky one changed the name. I can watch catch up on my tv put I can’t watch the go app, it is basically every single program on the box sets section it requires me to upgrade my package 

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to a new thread.

Can you be specific about which TV package you're on? You've said "basic" package, but that could mean several different things.

Boxsets are only included on top-tier XL, Full-House & Max-it bundles - so unless you're on one of those, that would explain the issues you're having. It's only "CatchUp" content that's inclusive on all TV tiers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

AC1375F8-0338-492D-81A2-BEF24B477379.png

This is the package I have it says I also get tv go but I can’t access anything on tv go app on my iPad Air 4th 4th gen.  

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok, Mix is an older package no longer sold but certainly allows you access to TV Go, just not boxsets.

You should certainly be able to stream channels on TV-Go that are included in your package and available on your TV box - so it may be worth checking that works first.

Can you test streaming, for example, Sky Witness or Sky Showcase? I've picked those as two channels that are on the Mix bundle and live channels won't be affected by box-set package limitations.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I have watched these programs before on my app though so why can’t I watch them now every single thing that I go on I have to upgrade my package including live tv. But I can watch them on the box on catch up I just don’t understand why I’ve been able to watch them before but now I can’t 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mamabear83 wrote:

I have watched these programs before on my app though so why can’t I watch them now every single thing that I go on I have to upgrade my package including live tv. But I can watch them on the box on catch up I just don’t understand why I’ve been able to watch them before but now I can’t 

If this includes live channels that you can access on your TV box, then that's a problem the VM staff on here should pick up.

Can you confirm any specific channel(s) this is happening with? It may help the staff team when they reach your post. I appreciate you've said this is "every single thing" but a couple of particular examples might just help.

Every channel I try to watch on tv go is affected 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mamabear, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to forums 🙂 

I am sorry you are having issues with your TV GO, can you please give us some more details and we can do our best to assist?

What device are you using it on? Is this the same on different devices?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

When was the last time you were able to watch the service?

Do you have a screenshot of your error? (Without any personal info)
Zoie

I use Apple iPad Air 4th gen I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 10 times now this has only been happening since sky one changed to sky max I have included photos of what happens when I try to play and one proving that I have already watched this program on my iPad. I’m allowed to watch these on my tv on catch up but I have a toddler who constantly has you tube kids on so my iPad is my tv 

A2753DCA-EDF9-4764-B73C-CB965CCB4FED.png

88011FF2-7D74-42A5-8920-407D7A5FBAD9.png

Hi Mamabear83,

Thank you for coming back to us and for the update, do you have any other devices other than the iPad, so we can rule this out, can you try it on a phone?

Regards

Paul.