cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programme not available in your region

Thal82
Joining in

For some reason I can no longer watch anything on my laptop whether it be live TV on videos on demand. No matter what I try to watch it just keeps saying that this programme is not available in your region. I am sat in my front room (UK), connected to my Virgin WiFi and I dont use a VPN. has there been an update or have I accidently changed something in my settings?

7 REPLIES 7

JitteryPinger
Super solver

Can you check your IP here https://whatismyipaddress.com/

does it confirm you are in the location you are and does it say Virgin Media in the ISP field.

The Giggitty 1

Yes my location is correct and it says Virgin Media in the ISP field

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and rebooting both my router and laptop but still no joy

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Thal82

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - it is rather an odd one with you being at home! Usually you only get that message if in the EU (now we have left) or if you are trying to view a channel like BBC Scotland whilst in Wales for example.

I have located your account from here and all looks to be in order. The Hub not been rebooted in around 50 days or so so might be worth doing a quick reboot there. Both boxes have been rebooted within the week so that's ok.

Please can you reboot the Hub and then please try and log in on our website on either a PC or Laptop and see if you get the same message? Virgin Media TVGo

If you could also check via the app on a data connection and see if you get the same error message that would be great. 

Keep us posted

Katie - Forum Team

It started working again yesterday off on it's own. No reboot or anything. It just literally didnt work for the best part of a week?

It's on now though

I'm trying to use Virgin Go in the EU and getting the same message "Programme not available  in your region". I use a VPN and my IP address is from a server in London so why doesn't Virgin Go work?

Hi spuggy54 

Thanks for your question 

I did check the Ip address and it is showing UK 

But Tv Go would not work on VPN sorry 

Gareth_L