Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with TV Control E=41 V=4

We have been advised that is it due to using an older version that may no longer be able to read the information from your box and account. 

I am sorry 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Why cant this be done anymore? It was working perfectly fine last week... I dont see why it's just suddenly stopped reading details and its looks like I'm not the only one facing issues. We pay a lot of money for this service so I'd like it if we can still stream using version 4.4! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

So when are our devices going to receive an updated version of the app?  It's not like we're using computers on Windows xp, so surely our devices should be getting the apps updated so that we can continue to use the TV Control app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I am trying to use the Amazon Fire 10HD tablet and yes the tablets software is up to date.  The Virgin Media app needs to be updated, according to the details on the app, it was last updated on 29th January 2019!!!!!  I was able to use it on Monday and Tuesday and now all of a sudden it won't let me watch my recorded programmes.  I have been emailing the developer since March asking when the amazon app store is going to get an update on this app.  It was bad enough that the look of the app was old, but the fact that it has just stopped working is now annoying

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wise owl
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Prso9,

The latest version on my devices, downloaded via googleplay store is 4.5.0-132278.

It was last updated 12th Feb 2020.

Maybe the  Amazon Prime Store is slow in getting the up to date apk.

You can sideload apk's onto Fire tablets.  You can also install the Google Play Store onto your device.

Just do a google search and follow the instructions shown on the androidpolice website

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi newapollo,

Yeah, I have version 4.5.0-132278 on my phone.

However the version on the amazon fire app store is 4.4.0-121553 which was last updated on 29th January 2019.  I have already downloaded the google play store onto my tablet, it's the first thing I do.  Unfortunately the Virgin TV Control app no longer appears on the google play store on fire tablets, it used to, so I have no choice but to use the app from the amazon app store.  I think I looked into downloading the apk for the app, but for some reason was unable to do it.  Might have another go, although I shouldn't have to go to this much bother, Virgin should just be updating the app!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The screen at the back is what I should be watching my recordings on, the screen at the front is what I have been reduced to.

_20200918_104204.JPG

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I’m using kindle fire 10 and I get the same error code. It just stopped working 10 days ago and I’m vex. I pay £132 a month to virgin for broadband, channels and phone and that doesn’t include £48 a month for mobile. I’m bed ridden and can only use my kindle fire widescreen. I’m going to ring them and demand compensation coz I haven’t been able to watch TV with them for 10 days. And if I don’t get it I’m going Sky at least their apps work lol 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Prso9,

Apologies I'm unable to see the image very well and cannot read the error message in full. What exactly does it say please and what happens when you select 'start up'?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth_G,

The photo is just to show you the difference between the 10" screen that I should be watching my programmes on compared to the 5" mobile phone screen I am being forced to watch it on.  The message is about setting up my streaming settings, which the app is unable to do seeing as it is very outdated as it has not had an update since January 2019.