Menu
hurrahfox
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

(IOS) TV Go - Please upgrade to view channel

I have the 'Maxit' TV package and I've logged in to the TV GO app and after signing in I'm given the message 'To view this channel please call [Phone Number] to upgrade'. I've called the number which puts me through to the sales team. 

After searching the community forum it seems like this has been an issue before but I all of the resolved posts don't include the steps to get this resolved. 

So far i've tried:

- Reinstalling the app
- Signing out and then logging back in
- Going to 'my channels' in the app to try and 'reset the channel list' (this is what another post suggested but I get the same 'upgrade' message.

I'm thinking this maybe one for someone from VM to resolve but would appreciate any tips on how to resolve.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go - Please upgrade to view channel

@hurrahfox wrote:

I have the 'Maxit' TV package and I've logged in to the TV GO app and after signing in I'm given the message 'To view this channel please call [Phone Number] to upgrade'

At what point are you given this message? I presume - but you've not said - that it's when you try to watch a particular channel live?

The obvious first thing to ask is, does this happen on any specific channel(s)? If you try to view a channel where no package-subscription issues should exist - BBC1 is as good as anything - does the same issue occur?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi hurrahfox, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue with TV Go. I would be inclined to ask the same as japitts above - does this happen with specific channels, or all of them?

Also, is your device up to date with the latest version of software, as well as the app? Please keep us posted.

Tom

0 Kudos
hurrahfox
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Tom_F wrote:

Hi hurrahfox, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue with TV Go. I would be inclined to ask the same as japitts above - does this happen with specific channels, or all of them?

Also, is your device up to date with the latest version of software, as well as the app? Please keep us posted.

Tom

I'm on the latest version of iOS (14.5) and the latest version of the TV Go app (4.31.0). I'm unable to access any Live TV including BBC 1 or any 'free to air' channels. Below is a screenshot and a log from the diagnostics section of the app.

Screenshot 2021-05-05 at 13.39.27.jpeg

Build: 4.31.0 (4.31.17.036)

Device: iPhone 11 Pro

Conviva: 3.1.9

Connection type: Mobile Connection

Customer HH: 202XXXXXX

MQTT broker: DISCONNECTED

MQTT CPE status: Unknown

Last MQTT status check: No attempt

Device IP address: Unknown

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that info that's helpful, I'm going to need a bit more information to raise this with IT - I'll get in touch via PM to do that.

Tom 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Now you mention it, BBC1 was a bad example to suggest - the Beeb ask you to use their website/iPlayer to stream and don't let TV Go carry it.

ITV or Channel 4 don't have this issue. And to make sure I'm not missing anything, I've just tried it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos