cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set recording from virgin go app

Fantazein
On our wavelength

Tried to set recording on my virgin box when away but says virgin box is offline but it is not as can view a programme when using my sling box app so any ideas what us going on

37 REPLIES 37

Hi Fantazein.

Thanks for going through all those checks for us. I'll pop you over a private message now so I can take some more details and raise this with our IT Teams.

Please do look out for my messages over at the purple envelope.

Thanks

Beth

Hi Fantazein

Thanks for confirming your details with me via PM.

I've now raised an IT Ticket with our second line support teams. As soon as I have an update for you, I will let you know.

Kind regards

Beth

Hi @Fantazein 

We've approached our Product Team about this issue and they've asked if you can try the following as they need more information:

1.Check that the box is on. 

2. If it isn’t, check what Standby mode the box is in as it needs to be in Active or Fast Start.

• If it's already in Fast Start, you should be able to see recordings immediately when you use the App. The CPE should always be showing if you are connected via the same network at home.
    • If it’s in Active Start, you’ll  need to wait a few minutes and is more eco friendly. The App should send a message to wake the box up, and get the CPE ID. It can take a few mins for this to appear and the wait time can vary depending on which device you are using e.g. Android taking slightly longer than IOS.
    • If it's in Eco (slow start), you wont get the CPE ID unless you physically switch the box on. And then, like with Active Start, it will take some minutes for the App to receive the call from the box.

3. Ensure that you’re not using a VPN. This can be a standalone VPN service or one that can be triggered by an antivirus software. There should be a setting on the customer’s antivirus that ensures it recognises the home router as 'safe'. 

4. Check if you’re using a 'Mesh' network?  

• Mesh networks can run on one two modes. If the Mesh is in Bridged mode – sometimes called "Access Point", then the box can be plugged into the Virgin Media Hub directly and should work ok. 
    • If it is not in Bridged mode – often called "Router mode", then the box needs to be plugged into the Mesh NOT the Virgin Media Hub, or it will not work. 
    • "Router" mode is often the default for Mesh systems, so important to check. 

5. WiFi extenders/repeaters may also have a similar set up, so could cause a problem however our Pods should be fine though. 

If the above checks have been made but you’re still experiencing issues, please let us know if:

• What shows you have recorded and are trying to view,
  • When does it fail? Is it every recording that fails or just some?
  • Does it fail when using a different device?

Thanks,

ModTeam

Fantazein
On our wavelength

At present it decided to eventually work although I did nothing so see how it goes but all checks you listed were already there

Thank you for the update @Fantazein.

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Please continue to monitor this and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Fantazein
On our wavelength

Cannot record using app says box is offline when it is not

Hi @Fantazein

I am sorry to hear this issue has reoccurred. Could you please tell us the following:

• What shows you have recorded and are trying to view,
  • When does it fail? Is it every recording that fails or just some?
  • Does it fail when using a different device?

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Fantazein
On our wavelength

Any show I try to record says box is offline when it is not

Hi Fantazein,

I've had a look at things our side and can see that an IT ticket has been raised regarding this, and it's being looked into.

Alex_Rm

Fantazein
On our wavelength

Any show I try to record even when away or at home says offline on phone app I am using iphone 

had this issue about a month or so ago then it worked now again does not