Menu
Starbarallstars
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Can’t log in to TV remote app

Hi,

i keep on getting this message on my phone.I have deleted and re installed the app and made sure my iOS updates are all current, and I’m on the same WiFi network but I’m still getting the same message! I’m confused as I use this regularly and this has only just started about 1 week ago !!!

81CC2E67-968E-49CF-973A-AB6C1846AB43.png

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t log in to TV remote app

Hello Starbarallstars

Sorry to hear and see the issues you've experienced with the TV Remote application. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

It's been a while since you posted the query, we're really busy at the moment given the current situation but working hard to get back to all customers as quickly as possible.

Have you been able to speak to the team in regards to this since your post? Have you also ensured the application is up to date with the latest version?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Starbarallstars
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have called numerous times now and each time I have had to explain the situation again to a different person.

Each time they tell me to do the same ie delete and the install the app.Norhing is working and they say they will revert it to a supervisor or a higher technical department. Each person assures me they will call me back and they have not.

To say I’m disappointed and upset with the lack of customer service is an understatement. This has been going on for months now and still no joy. Have you any suggestions ?

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Starbarallstars, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I am sorry to hear of your experience when attempting to resolve this issue. 

To rule it out, is your set top box connected to the WiFi? If so, is it experiencing any issues at the moment? 

Can you please try rebooting the Hub and set top box and then attempt to connect again for me? 

Thank you

Nat
0 Kudos
Starbarallstars
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I will try this again in the morning but I have done everything from re booting the hub,tv box deleting the app and reinstalling.I had a similar problem I think a few years ago and it was something to do with the tv box configuration 🤔

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Starbarallstars. 

I'm wondering if it is worth trying everything in a certain way to ensure all steps are being followed and reset fully. 

Try doing this:

• Delete the app from your device. Turn the device off and leave off for a few minutes before turning it back on. 
  • Turn the Hub and TV box off at the mains too. 
  • Wait a few minutes. 
  • Turn the Hub back on and wait for the lights to settle down (this usually takes around 3-5 minutes) 
  • Once this is done, turn the TV box back on and leave that to set back up. This should link the TV box with the hub to allow the TV remote app to connect successfully. 
  • Final step, re download the TV remote app and log in. 

Come back and let us know how this goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Starbarallstars
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have just done what you have asked for in that I have re booted the hub then the TiVo box and then deleted and reinstalled the app on my phone,again nothing.

further to this the virgin technical department have not got back to me again!

This has been going on for long enough and unless it is fixed this is a clear breach of contract and I will take these matters further.

is it too much to ask to have this service working, you can’t say that Virgin  have not encountered this before.

Van you sign post this as a matter of urgency as I have been patient for far too long

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming that you have done these steps for me. 

Do you have any other devices in the home that you can check to see if you are having the same issue with it on there. 

As long as you are on the same WiFi network as your TiVo box then there is no reason for this not to work. 

Can you check your TiVo box to ensure the connection is refreshed by going to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to Virgin Media now at the bottom.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Starbarallstars
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

😡 Right I have followed your instructions to the letter and now just ensued that im Connected to the network as per your instructions. It is still not working, what do you suggest now as I’m not prepared for this to carry on any longer?

0 Kudos
Starbarallstars
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

We Also have an iPad and are experiencing the same issues as with my iPhone

0 Kudos