cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always unable to watch recorded BT Sport on TV Go app. Please explain

AVGVSTVS
Up to speed

I am always unable to watch anything recorded on BT Sport on the TV Go app but can watch anything recorded on Sky Sports.  

Can you please explain this? I have been unable to view the Arsenal v Man City game because of this.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

AVGVSTVS
Up to speed
PLEASE IGNORE

I MEANT TO SAY 'TV CONTROL' NOT 'TV GO'

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not sure that all BT Sport content is protected in this way, but a lot of the live programming is only available to watch on your TV.

What is the problem you're having when you try to stream a recording? You've not said, but I've assumed it's something along the lines of "this is only available to view on your TV"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello AVGVSTVS

Sorry to hear of the issues with content via the app and BT Sports, we appreciate the confusion this can cause and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

As japitts has already advised, if the error message received is 'this is only available to view on your TV' this is due to it being a recording of Live TV and subject to restrictions applied by BT Sports themselves, is the recording still available to watch in your recordings via the set top box? As this shouldn't be effected.

Rob