Menu
Highlighted
mcu1967
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

child safe is OFF but still blocking access 3 hone calls and FB conversation no solution. HELP please.

I am not a switched on family!!! I am a p*****d off 52 year old who cannot buy lingerie off lovehoney. Despite 3 phone calls to Virgin at huge cost none could sort this . neither could facebook page and here I am frustrated beyond belief. Having cancer was much easier than sorting a simple issue of sorting this glitch that stops me from going about my normal surfing business. Is there anybody in the ether that has the ability to give me my sanity back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: child safe is OFF but still blocking access 3 hone calls and FB conversation no solution. HEL...

Hi Mcu1967, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry about the issues you're having with removing the content control off your account, it's not what we like to hear. 

Can you confirm if this is regarding the WiFi at home allowing you to access certain sites, or is it your mobile data connection that is blocking these sites? 

Let us know and we can take a closer look. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mcu1967
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: child safe is OFF but still blocking access 3 hone calls and FB conversation no solution. HEL...

It is blocking on both my laptop and mobile phone - haven't tried my smart tv to see if that is affected but I guess it is cos if it is off one it will be off all - I have done the hub reset - pressed a pin into the little hole at the back of the hub, unplugged plugged on, at least 2 virgin agents have rebooted at their end. None of the standard advice given works. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you post the error message you are seeing?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
mcu1967
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

http://websafe.virginmedia.com/childsafe-blocked.html

Hi ravestar68 - it's the standard ' Look Out You're Virgin Media Child Safe setting have blocked this site '. But I have switched Child Safe settings off. 

Still not got an answer from anyone although I have been asked to send my IP address to the exec team - so frustrating.

best wishes Marianne

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Until Virgin Media work out why they needed your IP address sent to the “exec team” consider using an alternative DNS resolver, for example Quad9, and do make sure to read their terms of service and privacy statement; Virgin Media Hubs do not support DNS configuration so you will need to set it up on each device.

0 Kudos