cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe not blocking apps on iPhone and iPad eg Instagram

Unicornlala
On our wavelength

I have lots of sites blocked through websafe and this works if searching for that site through a browser but it no longer blocks sites if they are accessed via an app.

example Instagram, I cant access it though a browser search so that part is working but I can access it through the app.

this has just started happening and I don’t know why, the apps used to be blocked but now it doesn’t work. I think it’s since an Apple update but I’m not sure, my iPad and iPhone isn’t using a vpn.

Please help thanks.

91 REPLIES 91

I second that.  Thanks VM for getting the old websafe interface back.

The only gripe is that I cannot reliably get to the "old" websafe setup page - sometimes I get the new (broken) version.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Best regards,
ad31677

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ad31677 wrote:

The only gripe is that I cannot reliably get to the "old" websafe setup page - sometimes I get the new (broken) version.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Unfortunately once on the old page going to My apps > Web Safe redirects to the new (buggy) page but manually going to the following links should take you to the old page: https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings

BTW should you find yourself on the buggy new page do not be tempted by the eye candy and, in that moment of weakness, attempt to manage Web Safe with it… it will not end well.

still doesn't block websites on old interface... put in the address of the website you want to block,  navigate to that website, it shows up.. completely useless

Hi @rt001a9138,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues when trying to block websites on your account. Just to confirm are you reporting websites as seen here? https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/feedback Also is your child safe button activated? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Unicornlala
On our wavelength

As far as I know the only way to get this to work STILL is to click on the link further up this post which takes you to the old interface which then works.

Hasn't been fixed as far as I know.

Hi Unicornlala,

I have taken a look into this for you and we have been advised this has been resolved. 

To confirm, are you still having the issue?

^Martin

I am having this exact issue using both the new and the legacy screen. Any chance of a fix please?  This is pretty key functionality for people using it for child safety. 

Hi @alba21,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having a similar issue when trying to block websites. We can understand the concern caused especially with child safety. Just to clarify, when did this issue first occur? Does the problem persist across multiple devices and browsers? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again

getting this error message
new ui i can see.any help?

Hi @sutty86, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the web safe.
May I ask if you are doing this on the MyVM app?
Are you able to try another device / browser?
Please clear all cache and cookies before doing so.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team