cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set internet time limit for child

Lasha
Tuning in
Ive recently grounded my son from all electronics & want to set internet limit to block him completely. Is there a way to do this without cancelling my internet? This needs to be done so he cant get online w/his xbox, tablet, laptop & phone. I want to be able to chose when he can access. Is this possibly?
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

it's not a parenting issue. Its a lack of parenting issue.

@Anonymous wrote:

it's not a parenting issue. Its a lack of parenting issue.

Exactly, real term consequences right there. Personally wouldn’t smash the consoles up unless they were taking them from wherever I was putting them but it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dont get why parents can't be parents anymore.

When i was a kid if my parents took my games away i had no way of going out and getting another one.

If you can't stop your kids from playing on a computer. Take the computer. If they can go and buy a new one then you are the reason they wont respect you for giving them everything they want when they want.

reddwarf4ever. Have you tried using this Microsoft function for the Xbox. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12413/microsoft-account-what-is-family

You have obviously not had problem children, who scream the house down.....so much easier to have controls in place....that’s why we have a police force for law enforcement.....we need controls......why argue about something that will clearly help a lot of people 

Anonymous
Not applicable
we have police so no one needs to follow the law.

If children act like that parent failed years ago

i don’t tend to give children what they want just because they scream. Having a police force (my thoughts on the current state of soft policing/budget cuts aside) is separate to some bypassable internet controls. However the police force get bypassed too so maybe it is a ok comparison.

if you let your kids get what they want when they scream or bribe them with sweets to make them quiet just reinforces the idea in their head to act up and get rewarded for it. Rewarding bad behaviour is not the answer.

reddwarf4ever. Lots of us have the same issues with the lack of this function. If you go to the link I posted earlier you can limit access times for Windows 8.1, 10 and xbox devices. I had to buy a new router to cover the apple, android and Nintendo's. Here is another link that could be helpful. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Mac-Filtering-Hub-3/m-p/3713131#M2267

If you need further information then please let me know.