Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: child safe is OFF but still blocking access 3 hone calls and FB conversation no solution. HELP please

I have exactly the same issue! It has started 1.5 months ago, since we renewed contract/switched owners of the account. The non-childsafe websites that were accessible in the past are not any more. And we don't even have a child! It shows this childsafe message, even though it has been switched off on our profile about 20 times. My wife called the customer service, they took us through manually resetting the hub, but it still hasn't helped. They said they would get back to us, which was about a month ago, and never did. I kept trying to change the settings and it is all firmly off, but I still get the childsafe message or "Safari can't access this page". It is the same on all the devices that are connected to wifi. As soon as I switch off the wifi, I can easily access them. I've seen similar messages posted by other people on your forum. But I haven't seen a working solution. What is going on with your network??? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Childsafe is off but still blocks

Ever since we renewed the broadband with Virgin, we have a problem with Childsafe. It is definitely off on my Virgin settings on their website, but the network doesn't allow to open any websites that wouldn't be safe for the child. It's not just one computer, which would be down to the settings, but on any device that is connected to our wifi. Even though these websites used to open before renewing the contract with the Virgin Media 1.5 months ago. I've already been on the phone with the Virgin technical support, which was no help at all. 1 month ago they said they would get back to me, but no one ever did. And the problem persists. It's like a vicious circle. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Child Safe is off but still blocking access

I have flagged your post to the forum team who are best placed to take this forward however be aware it can take them a few hour / days to work through to your post. In the meantime consider manually setting the DNS on each device for your home Wi-Fi connection to use an alternative DNS, for example Quad9, Cloudflare 1.1.1.1, etc.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Childsafe is off but still blocks

You can change the DNS on your device to use 1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9 and VM other DNS 194.168.4.123 and 194.168.8.123.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-pcs-dns-settings-windows-10

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I have an iMac. How does changing DNS help? I don't understand.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: child safe is OFF but still blocking access 3 hone calls and FB conversation no solution. HEL...

Hi Andy321,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of this issue. I've checked our back office systems and there is an IT ticket for you raised under reference P009748139. I've spoke to IT and advised it's still not fixed so they'll get back to work on it asap.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much!!! This really helped!

What was the original cause of this error? Because I didn't touch DNS before and those websites used to work before the changeover of contract with Virgin. 

0 Kudos