cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Save me from the web chat!

NeilsEdinburgh
Joining in

Morning, Can anyone help me!!!!

Spent close to 12 hours going round in circles on the web chat trying to get what sounds like it should be a simple answer.

I'm currently a TV, telephone and broadband customer. Contract ends in June. I'm considering cancelling TV and telephone, and purchasing 2 stream devices. Is this possible?

According to the webchat person/people I need to speak to the telephony faults to speak to the right person to order a stream box, surely that isn't right.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @NeilsEdinburgh 

Sorry to say there is a limit of one stream box per account. 

Info below fromthe FAQ's section on /Digital-life/Stream-our-new-flexible-entertainment-service 

How many Stream boxes can a customer have?

Customers can have one Stream box per Virgin Media account;

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @NeilsEdinburgh 

Sorry to say there is a limit of one stream box per account. 

Info below fromthe FAQ's section on /Digital-life/Stream-our-new-flexible-entertainment-service 

How many Stream boxes can a customer have?

Customers can have one Stream box per Virgin Media account;

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
you cant move from being an existing Virgin TV customer to Stream, yet. Thats why they can't do that move for you, unfortunately

Like NeilsEdinburgh I will be out of contract in June. Is it not possible at the end of your contract to move to a new contract bundle that includes Stream but not TV?

Would I need to cancel all services from VirginMedia and then re-apply as a new customer? If so, is there a cooling off delay until I would be deemed a new customer?

SpeleoPrez

=================================
Part of the undergound movement since 1971
=================================

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @NeilsEdinburgh thanks for your post here in the community although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

As @BlueLou has mentioned, unfortunately we aren't supplying Stream boxes to existing TV customers but I appreciate you've mentioned you're tempted to go down to broadband only at somepoint in the future.

There generally is a 30-day minimum notice period to remove services such as TV, so you would at least not be able to get Stream within this period.

From this point though it may be best to speak to our team directly on 150 / 0345 454 1111 - I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi SpeleoPrez,

Thank you for reaching back out, once you have given your 30 days notice and the services have gone off you would need to leave it 1 month longer in order to take a new customer deal.

Regards

Paul.