cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to switch off just Stream box and not TV?

MacRencephal
On our wavelength

I have recently switched to VM and have set-up a Stream box. The remote control works such that when I press the power on button to switch the Stream box on the TV and sound system automatically switch on too (which is very handy). It also controls the volume and muting of the sound from the one remote control.

However, I often wish to switch the Stream box off but leave the TV and sound system on (when wishing to watch something directly via the TV). When I press the power off button, though, not only does the Stream box switch off, but the TV and sound system also switch off, meaning I have to use the TV remote control to switch them back on again.

Does anyone know if there is a way to switch just the Stream box off, without disconnecting the remote control so it doesn't control the other devices at all? Any help / guidance would be gratefully received.

Mac

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found the solution - there was an option in settings ('One Power' under 'System') that turns on connected devices at the same time. I switched this to "off" and the red power button now only switches the Stream box on or off. The white TV power button turns (just) the TV and sound system on and off, and the remote still allows me to control the TV volume, muting and input changes.

So ... mission accomplished.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mac,

Thank you for your post - apologies for our delayed response!

There are two buttons at the top of our newer remotes. The left one is to turn your actual TV on/off, and the top right button is for the actual Stream box itself. Which button is it that you're pressing?

Thank you,

Beth

When I press the top right button the Stream box, TV and sound system all turn on (or off) at the same time.

Thanks for the reply @MacRencephal on the forums. 😇

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles with the remote.
If you were to pair the remote with the TV again, does the issue still continue?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes. I re-paired the remote to the TV and it's still the same. I cannot switch off *just* the Stream box.

Cheers

Mac

I found the solution - there was an option in settings ('One Power' under 'System') that turns on connected devices at the same time. I switched this to "off" and the red power button now only switches the Stream box on or off. The white TV power button turns (just) the TV and sound system on and off, and the remote still allows me to control the TV volume, muting and input changes.

So ... mission accomplished.

Thanks for the update @MacRencephal, and an excellent piece of advice for fellow Forum users to read and use, if they face the same issue moving forward.

Do feel free to come back to us if you have any further issues you need to discuss with our team.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn