cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload packet loss - area problem

MAG1QZ
Tuning in

hi from the last week ive been having constant packet loss on upload my upload speed is also very slow with 1 mb however my download speed is fine 100mbps and no packet loss on download. ive spoken to virgin media they said there are some works going on in my area of ilford but i dont understand how that can effect my upload packet loss. any help would be appreciated 

12 REPLIES 12

@Reece_MH its funny you say that 1st October internet still isnt fixed same old nonsense keep getting packet loss after 12pm and stop getting after 10pm. Called them up they said they are going to send an engineer on the 7th of October. So how many weeks has that been now. 1 month of constant packet loss. im applying for jobs the internet is so bad that i cant even an upload a video of myself answering the questions for the job assessment. i wish i could i leave right now but ill get charged a early disconnection fee. its funny you say you dont slow the internet down explain to me why i have to connect to my mobile date which is faster than this absolute joke of a router that gives me 1mb upload speed and more than 20% packet loss

in response to this im going to upload some pictures of upstream downstream and my network logsdown streamdown streamdownstreamdownstreamdownstream upstreamdownstream upstreamupstreamupstream

Thanks for coming back to us @MAG1QZ.

I have looked into your issues on our system and can see that there is an SNR issue in your area at the moment that is causing the issues that you're having  at the moment.

The current estimated fix time for this issue is 5th October at 12pm with such issues, This is taking longer than expected to resolve due to damage caused to fibre cables. We apologise for this, our engineers are working to resolve this ASAP.

Regards,

Steven_L