cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying for 1 Gb but not getting

linny40
Superfast

Hi, i have been having trouble with my speeds for a long time. I upgraded to 1GB last March ( 2021)

after keep ringing and talking to different people across the globe & getting different answers I almost gave up.!!!

Today I eventually got through on the phone to someone to say my Upgrade was Still Pending??

My speeds have been around 200-300 on Ethernet, but for some reason much higher on my mobile.

I was told by 2 different Virgin staff that this was down to the upgrade still pending BUT I have been paying for 1 gb for a year.

They are now looking into it. But how can this be?

every time I have rang and complained I either get told I need the new WIFI pod? why as its Not my wifi but my Ethernet speed. Or I get told there is a problem in the area.

Why has it taken so long for someone to suddenly look into this and tell me its due to something "Pending" on the account?

Is there any chance I will get a refund for a service I started paying for last year, but Not received, due to it "pending" I was previously on 500m and with so many things now needing wifi that was just not good enough, so upgraded ( or so I thought ) to the 1GB....................... only to be told now I've not been getting it!!!

Can anyone help or advise?

75 REPLIES 75

Molly hi,

Yes speeds on all other devices are not too bad  If they're near the M4 Mesh pods or plugged into the mesh pods via ethernet. So seems just this PC Which is only 3-4 yrs old and was not used for 2 yrs.

If my guy cant find the problem I will have to try and swap 1 pc for the other one that was attached to the hub ( which is upstairs). I will get back to this in a few weeks once my tech guy has taken a look. Thanks 

Hi @linny40

Thank you for the update.

Yes please pop back to us after that visit and we can advise further at that time 🙂

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Sorry its taken so long to reply. My guy fixed my PC But there is a speednet app on the PC which shows high speeds, but when I go on the www. speedtest page it still comes up with low speeds- he says its a Java thing on the website?

so on the website my speed is 228.38 dl 50.21 ul  but on the App on my PC speed says 946.96 dl  52.38 ul why is is so different. Virgin tell you to go on the webpage to check speeds. Confuseddotcom

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Try another browser but I say you're getting the speed.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I’ve tried other browsers & it still is far less than 500.but have to accept that the Speedtest app says it’s high 🤷‍♀️

Hi linny40,

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing some slow speeds. 

I've had a look from our side, and there are a few hub levels still showing out of specification.

Can you please perform a pin-hole reset of the hub, then I will check the levels again.

Thanks,

Alex_Rm