Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What the..

Just activated self install hub working fine etc signed up for 100meg did speed test but only getting around 49 meg is this normal???

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: What the..

How are you testing wifi or ethernet cable?

If possible always test using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other items connected.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry wifi should that be pretty normal? Have not done a wired test yet.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

WiFi is a fickle beast that can be affected by numerous things such as building construction, other electronic devices, neighbouring WiFi basically allsorts.

VM supply to the Hub, after the Hub it is up to you.

I and many others on here advocate the purchase of third party equipment to make the household wifi useable.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tried tp range extenders now they wont work with virgin hub gone through was etc just not connecting. Do I need a certain type now for virgin hub?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just done wired test is around 70meg download not that impressed to me honest 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Managed to get the tp link working, does it take a couple of days for the broadband to be stable?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Which 3rd party equipment can be used to make WiFi better?
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Terry7773 wrote:
Which 3rd party equipment can be used to make WiFi better?

Asus.   Ubiquiti.  TP-Link.  And many many more.... depends what you want to do and how much you want to spend.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have ps4 wired, nowtv box wired, xbox wifi, 4phones wifi, thermostat wifi, two kindle wifi.

0 Kudos