cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt speed increase - still wating

mjccam
Tuning in

Hi all,

My volt benefit with o2 was applied pretty quickly - data doubled from 30gb to 60gb, but the Virgin Media speed increase for my broadband hasn't happened yet. It's been more than 3 weeks now and no sign of it. I phoned up a few days ago but the agent seemed to think it was a fault and no amount of explaining could bring her round to understand that it was a volt speed boost i was missing. It was hard work.

I've searched online on my account and there's nothing obvious to find out what's going on, is there anyone on here that is available to help?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It normally takes 14 days to activate, so 3 weeks should be ample.

Check your account names etc. are EXACTLY the same on O2 and VM, as this can cause the VOLT upgrade to fail.

Also check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

You could also try a factory reset to force down the latest config file to your Hub.

Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mjccam

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, are you able to advise if you've checked on the above? Has the speed still not been increased?

Please do update us

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

I actually phoned up again and went through to retentions who after over an hour on the phone managed to sort it out. No agents seem to know the full details on this deal on doubling speed so are at a loss as what to do. After the agent spoke to their manager, i've was upgraded instantly, but they were only able to do it after renewing my contract (i've only had VM for a month) so i have a new contract start date and end date - albeit only a month extra and i've now got the increased speed for the same price as before.

A bit of a round about way of doing things but apparently it was the only way they could get it to work. For something that should have been automated, it's been a bit of a farce!

Thanks for the update @mjccam, and we're sorry to hear this was a difficult process

We're pleased though of course this has now been resolved for you

Do feel free come back to our Community Forums if you have any further issues with the services

Kindest regards,

David_Bn