cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Speed Boost

Chardy51
Tuning in

Migrated to O2 May 23. My package says Volt Benefit Active . Speed boost to M250. I have never received this 40mbps at best. Ran all kit tests as suggested frequently, having issues with buffering

10 REPLIES 10

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Wifi or wired testing?

Check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

Using a wired connection, run the FULL test on this site - www.samknows.com/realspeed and post the results.

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry, that's all to technical for me. I just want what I've been told I should have

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your devices may be limiting the connection.  If its connecting on the 2.4 GHz band then 40-60 Mbps is correct - you will only ever get more when on the 5GHz band.

So because of that you cannot rely on wifi tests, - only speeds "TO" the Hub and out on ethernet are usually guaranteed.  So, can you test speeds directly like this.

As you expect >100Mbps then.... Connect a 1GB enabled computer/laptop (check network card is set to 1GB) , with up to date drivers, via a NEW and working Cat5e/6a ethernet cable make sure no other devices are connected

Test speeds at https://speedtest.samknows.com/ - or https://www.speedtest.net/ - try on 2 different browsers - as Chrome sometimes gives odd results.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for trying, but again it's all gobblygook to me. If I'm told I'll get something, you guessed it, there's always a "but". I give up

Client62
Legend

You mentioned in the opening post that you ran all kit tests, so clearly you do have some idea what to do.

Click on this link and post the speed at the Hub and at the laptop/mobile.

https://speedtest.samknows.com/

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Chardy51 wrote:

Thanks for trying, but again it's all gobblygook to me. If I'm told I'll get something, you guessed it, there's always a "but". I give up

You are probably getting the correct speed delivered to you... but its likely your devices are not set up to receive it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Chardy51,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry for any issue you're having with your broadband speed. 

To be able to assist you with this, we would need some diagnostics to be done. 

As you have advised these are technical for you. Is there anyone who can assist you with this?

^Martin

Thanks, can you close the post please

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Chardy51. Thanks for the replies, have you resolved the issues or do you still need our help with this?

Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs