Menu
smiller4
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 350 speed

I have recently upgraded to vivid 350 from vivid 200 and my speed has decreased. I used to get just over 214mb but now I am lucky if I get 140mb. I have done various speed tests via ookla over various times and different days to no avail still less than 140mb. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350 speed

Are you testing on wifi or ethernet cable connected devices - are they different ?  What devices are you using ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
smiller4
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wired ethernet from hub 3 to pc

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

people do not ask this too is the pc connected with a GbE port on your pc if its a very old pc it will not have a GbE connection and you can check your power levels if its to high it can effect your speeds or your area is done with people using virgin media i think you need someone out to sort out your connection in the box on the street

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
smiller4
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yep 1gb and cat 5e patch, will check power levels later

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As your equopment previously achieved 214Mbps it is a safe bet that you have a gigabit connection, so we can rule that out.

The speed update should not diminish speeds unless your loca circuit is near capacity.
Do you experience the lower speeds all the time, or only during evening peak?

It is always worth trying another ethernet cable, CAT 5E or better, preferably CAT 6, as they can go bad.
It would be worth checking that the ethernet adapter's drivers are up to date according to the adapter's manufacturer's website, do not rely on Windows update.
If there is no improvement then checking with the Hub in modem mode and the PC in safemode with networking to rule out any software like antivirus or firewalls is not the culprit.

It could be a local circuit issue, so posting the Hub's power levels and network log would be useful.

0 Kudos
smiller4
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Well, gents solved the issue and its one to watch out for. If you have a SAM KNOWS box check with them regarding what box you have. In my case, it was an older box with firmware that could not be upgraded to take into account the 350mb. Disconnected the box and now getting 388mbNew Bitmap Image.png