Menu
Highlighted
8TRACK
Joining in
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350 - Inconsistent and slow download speeds with increased ping times.

Afternoon VM Community, i'm still frustratingly experiencing inconsistent download speeds with high pings, i've posted several of my stats as requested on the community with a hope of finding a solution/ sending out an engineer. Can anyone on here kindly respond/ take some form of remedial action please, many thanks.

Brgds,

Sam 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rcoley
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350 - Inconsistent and slow download speeds with increased ping times.

Hi, have you tried calling VM and requesting an engineers visit? That may be quicker than posting your request on here with the hopes that a moderator happens across it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8TRACK
Joining in
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi there and thanks for responding, I have indeed tried on several occasions with majority of calls lasting upwards of 1hr coupled with the same routine of being taken round in circles. Apparently the OFCOM rule states that I have to leave my Hub 3 in modem mode  for a period of 4 weeks consecutive for VM to monitor my alleged issue/ complaint???.  I was told that sending out an engineer was not an option from their end as the system checks out OK from VM side??? I reached out to the community in the hope that a VM moderator would  look into my genuine issue and instigate assistance/ resolution. Its utterly frustrating that in 2019 customers have to put up with this treatment from corporations that are meant to provide an honest, fast and reliable broadband service!!!

*********Just a side thought..... why can't VM allow customers the option of using their own cable modem???  Many other countries that do indeed provide cable TV/Broadband have this option for customers? *******

Brgds,

Sam

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi 8TRACK, 

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. 

Really sorry to hear you've been having problems with your speeds.

I'm afraid we don't deal with broadband speed complaints on this platform. This is a process that is followed by our dedicated broadband faults team you speak to when you call. I can see there is an open complaint on your account and I have made sure it is with the correct department, but we need to follow the correct process which means we wouldn't be able to arrange an engineer visit for you. 

Your speeds will be then be monitored over the next 30 days and if you receive 3 consecutive days below the minimum download speed and we are unable to resolve the issue within the 30 days, you will have the right to exit their contract penalty free. We will work to resolve any issues that we find with their service over the next 30 days.

You can see more about Ofcom voluntary code of practice on broadband speeds here

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
8TRACK
Joining in
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hetty_R, thanks for responding.

Brgds,

sam

0 Kudos