0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virginmedia broadband engineer required

Hi PCAdvisorUK,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm awfully sorry for our late response from here, and to hear your broadband issues persisted after your engineer visit. I appreciate it's been a while since you posted, but I have been able to check your account and can see that an area outage was reported shortly after your visit. This has since been reported as resolved.

If you're still having issues or need anything else just give us a shout.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
PCAdvisorUK
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Beth. A engineer came out and discovered a cable fault in the in-home cables, and hopefully I haven't noticed problems since.

But it was virginmedia tests that discovered a fault with the in-home cabling.

Just as a note: I was having issues downloading backup phone data from Google UK servers to my phone via wireless, that led to finding such fault. Also still having, or last time I tried, issues downloading such data from Google servers. Google state it ain't them. Samsung details it ain't them. Thus that leaves WiFi or virginmedia broadband. WiFi I doubt, as I'm within 1 to 2 meters away from WiFi router and am using a flagship phone from Samsung.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi PCAdvisorUK,

Thank you for the update, it is most appreciated. I'm happy to hear the engineer was able to fix the broadband issue.

In regards to the issue you're having with downloading back up data from Google, it is a strange one. I appreciate this may not be what you want to hear, but if you're only having issue with this on one device or with one service, it won't necessarily be an issue on our end. Have you tried using another device to download the data from to see if you get different results? We'll still do what we can to try an help.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos