Menu
Williamsss
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virginia Water Internet

Living in Virginia Water (Area reference 20) and for the last 3 days there has been frequent internet issues... not wifi issues (this is fine).  There is no internet connection in the feed.

Have raised multiple cases and even spent time on the phone! Still no resolution. 

No reported failures... but the Virginia Water Facebook group are also complaining so clearly not just my house.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virginia Water Internet

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

Try calling in again and see what they say or a VM person should pick this thread up and be able to help but it can take a few days.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on the 0800 number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Williamsss

Really sorry to hear of the broadband issues experienced, it's clearly not the level of service we aim to provide. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We've had a look and can see you spoke to a member of the team on Sunday prior to posting, it would appear there were connection issues at that time and during the call. From what that advisor has noted a technician is required to attend. I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you.

Looking forward to your reply.

Rob

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Williamsss and glad to hear the issue has stopped. If you need us again in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch.

We have these tips available to help with broadband issues:

Thanks 

Rob

0 Kudos