cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Internet bad? My speeds have been over 100mbps

pakhisana
Joining in

Hi,

I recently got VM in Cambuslang speeds are good throughout the day, only issue is upload is awful... Everytime I tell people I have VM they just say how bad the internet speeds are. Has anyone else had bad speeds?

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post your power levels and network logs.  Also setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.  Also are you testing wired or wireless, as VM do not guarantee wifi speeds.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Normally VM speeds are exactly what the company promise.  There certainly can be problems that slow things down, most of these are resolvable, a few are not.  Unfortunately VM's telephone support is rotten, and contributes to a reputation for problems.

As a start try this:  Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.  Posting as text can be a it tricky from a tablet, but screen shots really don't work very well in this context, so try and cut and paste as text.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.  If that's all good we can move onto other possible causes.