Menu
BG1980
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Gigabit slow speeds

Looking for help if possible, just got my superhub 4.0 after upgrading from the 200 broadband. The highest speeds I've seen are 300-350mb download - I've tried every speed test going including the one the virgin media website refers you too Speetest.net.

Just to add this was over a wired connection with no other devices connected to the hub.

I think this is unacceptable, If I'm paying for a Gigabit I want to at least get close to it. I can't get through on the phones at all, they just hang up after an hour so can't even speak to someone.

Because I upgraded does anyone know If I'm allowed to cancel and go back to my old package as I'm still within 14 days?

Thanks

0 Kudos
hobojo
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Gigabit slow speeds

Is your computer ethernet port capable of higher speeds? are you using a decent ethernet cable?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Gigabit slow speeds

What speed do you get at >> OHV <<

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos