In short yes I can log in, but the mentioned error starts to appear in various places all over the 'My Virgin Media' site after I have tried, even once, to access the 'Track Order' area.
I'm able to resolve that error temporarily, by clearing my cookies and browser cache. I can then log in fine, and navigate around the My Account pages, including the Service Status page. But when I try to access the 'Track Order' area, I get that error. And from that point on, I start getting that error also on other pages, including on the Service Status page. Once in that state, clearing my cookies/cache again resolves it, until I try to access 'Track Order' again. It's as if there's something on that page that breaks my session or something like that.
For what it's worth I'm using Safari (or Google Chrome) on a brand new and fully updated Mac, with unmodified default settings in the browser and no ad-blocking (etc) extensions installed.
But we're getting side-tracked here, could you please just pick the earliest possible day for the engineer appointment, and let me know the approximate time of day (if that's possible, if not that's ok), and I'll make sure I'm at home.
It appears that cancelling the appointment has cleared the problem described above. Using the same computer/browser I can now access the Track Order area without seeing any error messages.
But please note this is the second time since reporting this problem two weeks ago, that VM is saying you've identified the underlying issue and it will be fixed in the next day or two. But upload speeds remain unusably slow, follow-up messages are ignored for days, and meanwhile you continue to charge the full £59/mo for a service that doesn't work. I really don't think that's fair, nor reasonable to keep paying for essentially nothing.
Therefore, could you please make sure you have high confidence this is now really the correct root cause, and if you need to *also* send an engineer to check or replace my equipment, please let's book that now. I've already wasted a completely unreasonable amount of time diagnosing problems and working around various bugs in your online systems. So please let's not let this be another delay/timewaste, otherwise please let's just cancel the service asap so I'm not throwing money away any longer.
I think Virgin needs to start giving us a bit more info regarding the issues and their fixes. What did the engineer do and what was the root cause of the problem?
Just saying "It is fixed" without providing any information it does not add much value especially since the problem is not gone.
I am in a similar situation for at least a year where Virgin identifies the same congestion issue again and again, say they have scheduled a date to fix it (2-3 weeks down the line) but the issue is still happening despite their "It should be fixed now" resposnses.
We need more transparency because it looks like you do nothing!!
I really don't know whether that's actually the case, or if there's some other reason this story seems to be so common.
But personally, - based on past experience as a VM customer, at a previous property, I knew going in that this kind of thing could potentially happen. Which is why I went for the 30-day rolling contract despite its significantly higher price, so that I wouldn't be locked in for a year and could walk away at any point. Given the ongoing problem and apparent lack of response or resolution, I guess that's coming pretty soon. - Appreciate what you're saying and empathise with the feeling of being stuck in a bad situation. Such accountability would certainly help better manage our expectations when a problem occurs. But in the end I don't really need an in-depth understanding of the root cause; I'd prefer to just focus on work and not ever have to think about my internet connection. Like when I turn on the tap I'm not thinking about whether or not water will come out this time, or whether it'll be a weird colour and full of leaves and twigs. Now I do understand that technology of any kind can be complex to manage, can easily break and requires active maintenance, and it's more difficult than usual to fix things in the field right now. But from my side it simply makes no sense to continue to pay each month for a service that isn't working as promised, with no end in sight, nor is it usable for what I bought it for (in this case, work requires uploading several hundred megabyte files every now and again throughout the day). So I'm just taking all reasonable steps to properly report the problem and hopefully get it resolved, before, if it comes to it ending my contract and/or attempting a CC charge-back and/or other escalation routes.
For the record/FWIW, BQM graph looks much the same as yesterday and the problem persists (M350 package):
The SNR issue that has been previously mentioned has not yet been resolved and the date has extended to June 10th at 13.20. I can assure you that our engineers are working as hard as possible to get this resolved.
Unfortunately the third time now, the date and time you've given has come and gone, and nothing has changed: upload speeds remain abysmally slow, with the same constant low level of packet loss and occasional complete drop outs.
I can understand if you're having problems, but please at least make it right by crediting my account for the duration of issue, this doesn't seem fair at all.