Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Very slow upload speeds

Can anyone help me.  I have a 500MB plan and am getting close to that download speed most of the time, other than peak times.  BUT, my upload speed is less than 2MB which is making working from home using video conferencing almost impossible.  I've checked service status, no problems showing.  Tried the self test, shows everything OK.  I have hard rested the Superhub 3 and that has no effect. I have connected via ethernet directly to the hub and I get the same speeds 400-500 down 2 up.  Help.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow upload speeds

Speed history.png

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Test with a wired connection not Wi-Fi. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have and it makes no difference. it is clearly a congestion issue. at 7am I had a 40mb uplink at 8.30 25mb by 9.30 2mb which is where it is now.  I understand that the more symmetric data that the networks are seeing (Zoom, Teams etc) is causing issues, but Virgin needs to provision more capacity - 300 down and 2 up is hopeless.

Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Who will pay for that capacity?

You can’t ask for more capacity then moan and leave when price increases happen. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The customers paying for their service is the "who"

And a customer getting low single digit upstreams on a service sold at ~35 Mbps has every right to complain about it. We all know why it is happening but that makes it no less acceptable for a service to be delivered so poorly. It's up to VM to ensure they have the capacity for the service they sell, and if they run it so tight that an increase in load causes a user to get <1/15th of the expected speed then that is purely a VM issue and the buck stops there.

Rising star
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Could you post a copy and paste of the Upstream page from the Router Status which can be found by going to 192.168.0.1 in your browser.

Should look like this:Should look like this:Screenshot_20200502-000525_Samsung Internet.jpg

Matt
If I've helped please let me know 🙂

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction

BQM1 BQM2 BQM3 - Switching Cable Company

My Services: TV 360 - M100 & M350 on Hub 3's - M100 on Hub 4 - Voom Business 1 on Hitron CGNV4
EE (FTTC) on Smart Hub - idNet FTTP 160/30 (No Router) - Vodafone & Virgin 4G
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

here you gohere you go

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Could you post the lower half of the upstream page aswell please.

Matt
If I've helped please let me know 🙂

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction

BQM1 BQM2 BQM3 - Switching Cable Company

My Services: TV 360 - M100 & M350 on Hub 3's - M100 on Hub 4 - Voom Business 1 on Hitron CGNV4
EE (FTTC) on Smart Hub - idNet FTTP 160/30 (No Router) - Vodafone & Virgin 4G
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

sorry here is the bottom of the tablesorry here is the bottom of the table