cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Upload Speed

OnTheOne
Tuning in

I have an M500 broadband package and the download speeds are completely fine but the upload speeds hover at between 1.3 and 1.6Mbps when connected directly to the router with a cable. The problem has got worse recently and is creating serious issues when conducting work calls over Teams. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to increase upload speeds as all the diagnostic tools return no issue and a reboot of the router makes no difference?
Many thanks

11 REPLIES 11

When conducting conference calls without video my colleagues report my voice as going "daleky" (normally a few minutes after the call has started). If I use video either from received others or with me connected in (camera and/or screen share) then the call normally drops.

The speed tests show really slow upload speeds which I presume is causing the issue with the work calls.

When I conduct speed tests via ethernet cable there are 2 other devices connected via ethernet, a tv stream/record box and a TP-link powerline device. None of these performance issues happened until a few weeks ago and nothing has changed on my setup.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Well all I can add is the BQM also now looks as spot on as the stats.

I would be first looking at my own equipment to see if I can pinpoint any issues. Disconnect powerlines and TV ethernet connections and use another PC/Laptop (if you can) and certainly change the ethernet cable going to the PC to a new Cat6a one (better shielding from interference) and then run a "dummy" conference call and see if the issue persists. If it does it beats me 🙂

If the issue disappears then add your other devices back one by one until it reappears

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.