Menu
OnTheOne
Tuning in
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Slow Upload Speed

When conducting conference calls without video my colleagues report my voice as going "daleky" (normally a few minutes after the call has started). If I use video either from received others or with me connected in (camera and/or screen share) then the call normally drops.

The speed tests show really slow upload speeds which I presume is causing the issue with the work calls.

When I conduct speed tests via ethernet cable there are 2 other devices connected via ethernet, a tv stream/record box and a TP-link powerline device. None of these performance issues happened until a few weeks ago and nothing has changed on my setup.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Slow Upload Speed

Well all I can add is the BQM also now looks as spot on as the stats.

I would be first looking at my own equipment to see if I can pinpoint any issues. Disconnect powerlines and TV ethernet connections and use another PC/Laptop (if you can) and certainly change the ethernet cable going to the PC to a new Cat6a one (better shielding from interference) and then run a "dummy" conference call and see if the issue persists. If it does it beats me 🙂

If the issue disappears then add your other devices back one by one until it reappears

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos