Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VPN on turn internet slow

When I turn on my laptop in the morning and turn the VPN on to access our software and emails the speed decreases to about 10%. Has anyone found similar issues? Can this be resolved? Yes I’m on WiFi but the drop from vpn on or off is significant and has been impacting my work for months now so I cannot sustain this for much longer.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: VPN on turn internet slow

@Harism786 wrote:

When I turn on my laptop in the morning and turn the VPN on to access our software and emails the speed decreases to about 10%. Has anyone found similar issues? Can this be resolved? Yes I’m on WiFi but the drop from vpn on or off is significant and has been impacting my work for months now so I cannot sustain this for much longer.

My works VPN limits the bandwidth to around 40Mbps to prevent one user from using all available bandwidth for all users.

Maybe yours is the same?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would love for someone to advise as I’m getting a lot less of a speed than that. Calls drop off quite a lot and my job requires me to be on the phone. Give these guys a day or so as I think it’s time for a new provider.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Harism786 wrote:

I would love for someone to advise as I’m getting a lot less of a speed than that. Calls drop off quite a lot and my job requires me to be on the phone. Give these guys a day or so as I think it’s time for a new provider.

If you are getting full speed without the VPN then it can't be VM at fault?

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

yes try without the vpn and see the speed you get if its ok then you need to speak to your work and ask them to fix your VPN
0 Kudos