I upgraded my account recently to 1Gb from 500mb and previously was getting 500-600 speeds consistently. After i placed the upgrade order I was getting speeds of around 800 and higher on my hub3. About a week later after the upgrade i was sent a hub4 and the speeds dropped significantly and I now never get speeds above 500 and usually around 300 or lower even, websites also take long to request.
I had an engineer come by and he did not see any issues with the connection and confirmed that he was registering 1Gb speeds up to the hub but they were not coming out of the hub at 1Gb, neither wired or through WiFi.
After i had upgraded and the hub4 was sent out, i got an email from Virgin if i wanted to upgrade to Hub5. I confirmed i did but my order got cancelled couple of days after as it stated i recently got upgraded to hub4 (!). The engineer also advised that 1Gb would be better suited to the Hub5.
This is getting really frustrating now as I am paying a lot more now and recently a price increase has been announced as well and was previously enjoying stable speeds!
Any suggestions to resolve this would be great or perhaps if the hub5 can be sent out.
Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I have been looking at our systems and cannot see any issues with your connection or in the local area at the moment. Are your issues still ongoing?
I will also check to see if we can get a hub 5 sent out to you as I'm not sure that we are able to do that yet, I will be in touch, when I hear anything back from the team about this.
That does not make much sense. You’re not offering your latest hubs on the best broadband speeds you have to offer on a soft launch? Counterintuitive if you ask me …
So what will happen with my current issue then? You have left this unaddressed. I am paying for 1Gbps and getting less than 50% of that out of my hub4. I would prefer to be downgraded then to 500Mb although I would hazard a guess I am out of my 14 days as I have been patiently waiting trusting this would be resolved..
Can you advise on next steps pls which seem to me either downgrading back to 500mb or a discount. Unless there are other suggestions to get this resolved?
To add to the above. When I was upgraded to 1Gbs I was advised the £35 activation fee would be waved. I’ve noticed on my latest bill that I actually have been charged for this. Can this be reversed please.