cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded then downgraded - poor speeds

DigitalDreams
On our wavelength

Upgraded to 1gig, or so I thought. Virgin took my money, charged me extra for upgrading speed, couldn't get THREE hub5's working so left me with a hub4 on 1gig (800Mb/s on good days only). NOW I find they've downgraded my package back to the old M125 without any warning whatsoever!!!

Do I have no choice but to phone those hopeless folk in the Philippines and hope they don't mess up further or once again repeatedly try to sell me what I don't want then to charge me AGAIN to upgrade to 1meg ???.

Talk about atrocious customer focus, this takes the biscuit.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

33 REPLIES 33

DigitalDreams
On our wavelength

Can someone at Virgin put us BACK on the 1gig that we are paying for without charging us again  !?!?

Can someone from the forum team please respond and put us back on 1gig immediately !!. We can see other messages being responded to today.

VM staff could take a few days to respond on here, so you may want to ring in or use WhatsApp to resolve quicker.

45 minutes on Whatsapp and no real person yet 😳.

We've just been billed for 1gig broadband upgrade and a hub5 yet sat here with hub4 and now someone has downgraded us back to m125 without our agreement. You couldn't make this up.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Whilst waiting for VM to respond on here - are you saying your speeds have actually been reduced to 125?

Can you check by logging into the Hub settings and going to the Configuration Data page. Then in there, what numbers are present in the Downstream and Upstream boxes for "Max Data Transfer Rate"

Can you post that data up here - note that the numbers are in bps not Mbps.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Spikeyhair881
Tuning in

I have the exact same problem. Upgraded from a hub 3 to what was supposed to Gig1 hub 4. 

I was sent the hub 5 and are getting slower speeds. I have had it over a week. Fives times they have said try it in 24 hours.

well guess what virgin it has been 7 days and no fix. Virgin. You should check you speeds before you sell them to us and lie about what speed we will get.

They took my money and did not honour the deal.

I am sure they will try and fix it after I have cancelled my direct debit.

Very unhappy.

Over two hours on whatsapp now and only briefly spoke to one person for a few seconds who tried to charge extra to put back the package they took off us without agreement 😳 !!!!!. This is terrible customer service.

"Whilst waiting for VM to respond on here - are you saying your speeds have actually been reduced to 125?"

Yes, even had an email saying it and it's there in my account 'M125'. Current download 70-137 mb/s when we had around 800mb/s..... Now trapped in an endless wait on whatsapp (over 2 hours so far). Only one brief conversation for a few seconds trying to get me to pay more to put back what they took off us yesterday in error !!!

"We can transfer you through our Messaging service to our Customer Relations team to help you further."

That was an hour ago, nothing since..... Very poor !!