Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unrequested speed change

I realised today that my connection has been changed from m100 to m200 (I have also confirmed my connection is indeed 200mbps with a speed test). This is a change that I have not requested and have not been notified of in any manner. I found news reports from the start of the year about customers on m50 being upgraded to m100 so I'm not sure if this is an extension of that or an actual mistake. Obviously I don't want a surprise bill next month charging me for an unwanted upgrade but it's also impossible to get through to anyone via web chat to confirm what's going on with my account. Any clarity on what's happening out there?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unrequested speed change

Hi,

have you tried logging into your my virgin media account and looking at your package and the price for it i wouldve thought that its a free upgrade but you can confirm from your my virgin media account

Thanks

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick response, the only values I can see when I sign in are for my previous (just recently paid) bill, not anything that seem to mention current package cost or similar. My most recent bill also only makes mention of m100 as well.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

when you log in to my virgin media if you hover over my account and you select my package it will show you the package that you are on for TV Broadband and Phone and on the right side you should see "check your contract details" if you click on to that this will show the package that you are on and the amount it costs per month

Thanks

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for that direction, my contract as it appears on my account only has m100 listed, but it also only mentions the details my package had when I first signed up to it (which have changed since), so still a mystery there!
0 Kudos