Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial: Opportunity for broadband-only customers

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Hi all,

If you're a broadband-only* customer with Virgin Media you may be able to trial our brand new (and free!) entertainment service. 

Some of you may already have received an email inviting you to take part, we'll be contacting more of you from next week, so make keep an eye on you your inbox for an invite!

If you haven't received anything and you'd like to get involved, just click this link to register your interest https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/befirst and we'll be in touch when it's available.

*Please note, this opportunity is only available to broadband-only customers. Customers with existing Virgin Media TV and telephone services will not be able to take part.

46 REPLIES 46

jhuk
Trouble shooter

So why is the HUB3 a disaster and HUB4 not much better?  😁

Well I'd love a Virgin HUB FIVE but I've heard nothing?

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dmason197

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear that, I appreciate the lack of updates is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

We've rolled out the Hub 5 to some existing customers, and we'll be doing a wider launch in 2022. You can sign up for updates on this here

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

@Kolchak wrote:

I received the email invite and received the box the other day - what I have also noticed (that wasn't supposed to happen) is that my contract has been renewed, starting on the date the box was received.

It sounds like this has happened to others as well!

Please let me know if this is still the case, your contract shouldnt have been renewed and will be addressed by the team

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

@idunno wrote:

Hi

Recieved my streaming box yesterday you say it’s free entertainment so you pay for nothing.

I signed in with my Netflix account and was asked to complete the purchase.

The only part that is free is freeview  tv the same as using an aerial on your roof.

Which part is free?

The service itself is at no monthly or upfonrt cost, that includes access to 40 free channels, plus free and ad-funded apps such as iPlayer, ITV hub, and You Tube. These are available over IP so you don't need an aerial.

You can also access Netflix, either by signing up for billing through us or by using an existing account.
You dont have to purchase it through us to use it!

southy1978
On our wavelength

Would love the opportunity to trial the new entertainment box or the HUB 5. Have just moved and have had gig1 installed, my security gateway has a 2.5g wan interface so was slightly disappointed about getting a HUB 4 and not being able to reach full line speed. 

I'll wait for further news regarding the Virgin HUB FIVE I've registered for updates on the WiFi router and Virgin Media TV 📺 Streaming Box

Kind regards 

Dean

Thanks for coming back to us dmason197

Please do come back to us when you have some updates.

Regards

Lee_R

dmason197
Fibre optic

I've had no updates about any trials with Virgin Media?

Kind regards 

Dean

I haven’t either. Maybe we missed the cut off for this particular trial. 
I did previously trial the hub 3 before it came in.