Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial: Opportunity for broadband-only customers

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Hi all,

If you're a broadband-only* customer with Virgin Media you may be able to trial our brand new (and free!) entertainment service. 

Some of you may already have received an email inviting you to take part, we'll be contacting more of you from next week, so make keep an eye on you your inbox for an invite!

If you haven't received anything and you'd like to get involved, just click this link to register your interest https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/befirst and we'll be in touch when it's available.

*Please note, this opportunity is only available to broadband-only customers. Customers with existing Virgin Media TV and telephone services will not be able to take part.

46 REPLIES 46

jhuk
Trouble shooter

I will try this for second time, like many did not hear anything last time.

mpmc
Superfast

@BlueLou wrote:

*Please note, this opportunity is only available to broadband-only customers. Customers with existing Virgin Media TV and telephone services will not be able to take part.

Shame, I would've loved to have tried this. Will it be available to tv/phone customers at some point?

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).

jhuk
Trouble shooter

After some hit and miss info here: Re: Try our new entertainment service - Summer 202... - Page 3 - Virgin Media Community - 4697274

I now read officially it does not work on Gig1 but someone upgraded to 1Gb/s after the trial and as he got to keep the box he plugged it in and it still worked as you would think it would have.

This could have been this reason some were not chosen for trial in the first place not that any VM trial actually end up with the end service/devices being ready.

I could live without any tv service forever and do not to have any VM TV service anymore, I have my PC and NV Shield and can watch Netflix (when I Sub)/Amazon Prime (for shopping with free DEL) when I want but rarely do as get my "fix" by other methods.

I want too get involved in future equipment trials please?

I'm interested in both the Virgin HUB FIVE and the Virgin TV Streaming Box

Kind regards 

Dean

dmason197
Fibre optic

I'd like too sign up for future equipment trials please?

Also where do I register my interest for the Virgin HUB FIVE and the Virgin TV Streaming 📺 🤔 

Hi dmason197, thanks for the message, can you sign up on the above link and when new trails become available you will be one of the first to know. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance? ^Chris 

idunno
Dialled in

Hi

Recieved my streaming box yesterday you say it’s free entertainment so you pay for nothing.

I signed in with my Netflix account and was asked to complete the purchase.

The only part that is free is freeview  tv the same as using an aerial on your roof.

Which part is free?

I have signed up for future trials?

Can u keep me updated by using my alternate email address ending with @gmail.com

It seems u have my @talktalk.net email registered against my profile If u private message me can we get the records up too date?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dmason197 

You can update your contact email address online by logging into My Virgin Media and clicking on My Profile.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali