cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible ping spikes for months - how can I get in contact with someone who's actually able to diagnose?

QmunkE
On our wavelength

Have had terrible ping spikes during any time other than the middle of the night for months now (have had engineer come out, test the line, replace the Hub3 and all to no avail since it's clearly a network congestion issue)

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/09ae2f625e8722077abb43fab9018d7fc0...

How can I get some kind of answers as to whether this is even on the networking team's radar? I can't believe I'm the only one in my area who is suffering this given the continuous nature of the issue.

I'm not able to use the service as advertised given the issues.

8 REPLIES 8

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi QmunkE, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with ping spikes on your service. 

We have taken a look from our side and can see your equipment has been powered up for a long period of time.

Can you please rebooted the Hub and let us know once this is done? We can then check for errors. 

Thank you, 

Nat

QmunkE
On our wavelength

Rebooted 

Thank you for the update @QmunkE.

Are you still having issues with ping after the reboot? I have had a look into your service and your hub data seems to be in order.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

QmunkE
On our wavelength

Yes, rebooting the modem has no effect, it is not a hardware issue on my end (I have already had an engineer visit and replace the unit)

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a310f14f9c1313d03b4bac79acc966c55b75ead4-12-09-2022

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Its not like a reboot or reset would fix VM true problem with over loaded upstream system.

The pain that is QoS/BWM for the upstream that don... - Virgin Media Community - 5038270

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey QmunkE, thank you for confirming this.

Okay, so I have some more tests and I can't seem to find any issues at all, everything is performing the way it should be.

The levels are great, are you using any 3rd party equipment by any chance? 

Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

QmunkE
On our wavelength

No, and the hub was replaced when I last raised this issue and it hasn't had any impact.

The fact the BQM graphs show significantly lower ping overnight is surely an indicator of contention of some kind at some point along the network.

Here's today's:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/547d3b5d433b37f912022e156a3315a516...

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey QmunkE, thank you for sending this over and confirming this.

Okay so I would like to look into this in further detail and run some test with you via a PM.

Please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?