cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible connection for last few days

danbottomburp
On our wavelength

So a few weeks back i was told internet would go down as Virgin are improving your network, and today i was informed they were back in the area and improving the network

It has definitely not improved

I no longer use their Fire hazard hub 4 so had to disable my routers firewall so i can get BQM to work

The Hub 4 is in modem mode

Here is link to graph

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9e96b34d0ce49eb0fb8bb41a2cd649878b20e5a3
9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
BQM looks fine to me, what issues are you experiencing at what times?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@danbottomburp wrote:

I no longer use their Fire hazard hub 4 so had to disable my routers firewall so i can get BQM to work

The Hub 4 is in modem mode

So....your still using it?🤣

---------------------------------------------------------------

@legacy1 This is a help forum not a place to be a snarky useless troll, using it in router mode made it a fire hazard, now its in modem only mode it has cooled right down

And its "You're" 

Well BQM looks mostly ok but then that is just one route your issue may take another route 

You should look at enabling your firewall and allow ICMP to the router or even better just allow 80.249.99.164 to the router.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Has the advice offered by legacy1 helped improve the connection danbottomburp?

Rob

How could that clowns "advice" help my connection?

He is telling me there is no issue with my connection (which is complete rubbish) and also informing me that i should enable the firewall i don't want enabled and allow the BQM website to the allow rules

This is not Advice, this is called wasting everyone's time 

Hiya Danbottomburp,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your broadband looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration!

I have checked on your power levels in order to do a health check on my side and I can see they are in really bad shape, on both your upstream and downstream levels. 

This will need an engineer call-out to fix so I'll send you a PM now so get this booked in, I will also add in the notes that you feel the Hub may be overheating. If they feel this is the case they'll do a like-for-like replacement.

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thank you for confirming what i already knew, i don't see how forum members can be offering "advice" when they clearly are getting it wrong, i was told there were no issues which i knew was total rubbish

I don't think it is wise listening to any forum member concerning your connection, they have not a clue what is going on, all they see is a BQM graph which may  or may not be helpful at all

Hi Danbottomburp,

I was able to book an engineer for you, if you want to check, change or cancel this appointment yourself, you can do so on your Online Account.

Please let us know how the visit goes!

Thanks,

Megan_L