Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Super slow broadband - help appreciated

Hi,

I'm currently (allegedly) on the top broadband package (VIVID 350 Optical Fibre) and my download speed should be over 80M. I'm currently getting 22M down and 1.8M upload, even after rebooting my hub.

At one point today it dropped to 0.7M download

Does anyone have contact details to log this as a fault as its causing real issues working from home

thanks

barry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super slow broadband - help appreciated

Hi

I have direct messaged you to gain more information regarding your fault.

Thanks

Josh

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Barry,can you please try the rest button on the rear of the hub, place a pen or a pin in and hold for about 30 seconds it will take a couple of minutes to come back on, this will also reset the ID and password if you have changed either or both of these thanks.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there
What did you do to reboot the router? i will send you a private message and look into the router and see if there are any issues with signals.

Try forgetting the internet network on your device and pinhole reset the hub for 40 seconds once it all comes back on give 15 minutes and reconnect to the wifi network on your device. Ensure you use the Ookla app or speedtest.net and try again.

I am a virgin media field technician if you find my answer useful please mark as helpful and leave some kudo please.

0 Kudos