cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super hub 3

Mattcoff77
Tuning in
  • I have a superhub 3 with 200mb speed in modem mode. When I experience a network outage/blip the speed I get goes down to around 90. I believe this is due to the hub 3 thinking my cat 7 cable from the superhub  to my router is cat 5.( max 100mb) Normally when this happens I have to do a factory reset of the superhub and the speed gets restored. However, earlier this year the reset didn't work so an engineer replaced the hub. This sounds like a design fault in the superhub. Has anybody else experienced this issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mattyd81
On our wavelength

i have 500mb and im getting 50-80mb. ive tried hard resetting multiple times and it has not worked. i'm out of options what to do. it's only been installed a couple of weeks ago

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

mattyd81
On our wavelength

i have 500mb and im getting 50-80mb. ive tried hard resetting multiple times and it has not worked. i'm out of options what to do. it's only been installed a couple of weeks ago

Yes, the superhubs 3 have a lot of bugs. Are you connected by WiFi on the 5ghz frequency or are connected by ethernet when you get that poor speed?

In modem mode you would expect them to be bullet proof, but this is definitely not the case

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Note; do not use Cat7 cables, there is no recognised standard for them at all, they are manufactures specific. Only standards for Cat5/5e/6/6a/8.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the information, what kind of problems will cat 7 cables give me?

When I have the problem I have put my router into router mode and tested the other ethernet ports with a 5e cable connected to a laptop, I get the same 90mb speed. Interestly, if I use the virgin WiFi I get 200mb speed, which I should get. Unfortunately, this doesn't have the range I need.

Your laptop has a 100Mb port get one of these
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08KWC7D78/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
---------------------------------------------------------------