cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly Twitch Streams 50% Dropped Frames

aaronreeve
Tuning in

Hi, i am on the ultimate oomph pack and have been streaming on twitch ok at 6000kbps recently.

However for the last week, I have been getting major packet loss & really would like this sorted. I have tried the following.

1. Rebooting Hub
  2. Resetting Hub
  3. Updating Ethernet Adapter (NIC) Drivers
  4. Changing Ethernet Cable
  5. Tweaking Settings in DNS

I am Wired in via Cat7 on a Windows PC and experience no downloading issues at all, nice and fast. I am just getting major packet loss on Upstream. Below is a few images & stats to help? 

These are all tested with the other devices in the house switched off.

Twitch Test 15-10 9pm.png

Unstable Events 15-10 9pm.png

Cable Modem StatusItem Status Comments

Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz)
Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz)
Provisioning State

14 REPLIES 14

Any help from VM?

Had an engineer out today telling me he was wasting his time as it was an area fault with noise and slow upstream. Which is what i am STILL experiencing.

The Local fault page now says everything is fine, which isn't true as it's no better.

Still getting 0-15 out of 100 on Twitch Bandwidth tests and cant sustain a bitrate of over 4k (unwatchable) when i should be able to do 30/40k. (max on twitch is 10k anyway).

Twitch is my income and you are affecting it!

I've been told my wiring is fine and producing no noise & the fault is with yourselves. As he has admitted this, please sort this ASAP. I pay an awful lot of money for this service.

This has now been going on for over a week.

Hi aaronreeve, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service and I have looked into this and there is no area outages at present. Can you confirm if you are still having issues with the service?. Can you do a BQM and let us know the results?. ^Chris

It's now resolved itself.

Unfortunately the e-mail help team just told me to reset my Wifi....

Thanks for your reply and update, aaronreeve,

Glad to hear that it's been resolved.

Cheers,

Corey C