Menu
SSJB______4
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Street cabinet

OK, so not a very helpful menu for posting !

We have a green cabinet in the street (outside 150 Holland Road, W14).  Every time the temperature rises in the Summer we start having problems, particularly in the afternoon around 2-4pm.

This is when the sun is shining on the cabinet.  I just tested the temperature of the cabinet and externally it was around 50C.

Clearly the inside of the cabinet is hotter.

The cabinet is not vented and obviously therefore cannot have cooling fans fitted inside (as where would the heat be vented to, without vents).

Clearly this is a problem and the reason probably why my (and my neighbours) very expensive virgin internet shuts down).

How can I get Virgin to listen to me and do something about it?  It has been going off in the last week now the weather is heating up.

They need to put some vents and fans in the cabinet - any thoughts welcome before I switch providers and Virgin lose my £90+ per month!

I believe Hyperoptic are about to start offering their product very soon in this street, so that would probably be worth a try.

Rgds

Simon

0 Kudos
risc19
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Street cabinet

Virgin wont and dont listen.

I remember the heatwave last year, our services would drop around the same time everyday (the hottest part of the day).

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Lagfest Modem Mode
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Most of the time painting the cabinet white is all that is needed. All new cabinets are white & don’t heat up.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SSJB______4
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps if the level of fee Virgin Media were allowed to charge were tied to your graph line then Virgin Media may be more disposed to wish for the same outcome as the customer, risc19..................

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do not assume that the cabinet is at fault. If you want help state what your problem is and what hub you have.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection