cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed 'switch' has been reset

Tetsujin28
On our wavelength

When we first upgraded to M350 it took forever before someone eventually realised no-one had flipped the switch at their end to actually give us 350. It sat at 200 through several phone calls [mostly trying to get them to charge us what we agreed rather than double, so the speed lift was fairly low priority in that stream of phone calls]

We get back after xmas break to find it's back at 200 again. 
The results are too consistent between tests to different servers to be a concurrence glitch. The automated 'having trouble?' system thinks there's nothing wrong. I can't easily get to the line figures as the router is in pure modem mode requiring me to sit in a cold, dank junk room 3 floors below with a 2004 laptop [not joking] to access it reconfigured as a router.

Is there anybody on here who can poke the relevant department, or do I have to go through yet another hour's phone call [or three] where the CSR has not a clue what I'm talking about.

[Yes, I've rebooted everything, no I'm not on WiFi, internal connections are good at 1gbps [110MB/s or so actual file transfer speeds as expected], yes I do pretty much know how this all works I've been running networks for 25 years… remember Token Ring & AppleTalk? 😉

History from SpeedTest. You can see when the switch was first flipped. Also that we're still getting 37 up, which is incongruous.

ScreenShot 2023-01-04 at 10.42.23 am.png

Also, this is a little worrying - we've been customers over a decade...

ScreenShot 2023-01-04 at 11.48.43 am.png

10 REPLIES 10

…and, in confirmation of that, after a whole day of being stuck at 200-ish, today it's back at 350+ [380 last test].

Thanks for everybody's help, though in the end it just seems to have 'fixed itself'.
Good to know what the numbers should be, though & the memory jog as to how to get to the router in modem mode. Turned out I've had it bookmarked for a decade but had totally forgotten.